The Process Technician reports and works under the direction of the Lead Process Technician. The primary responsibility of the Process Technician is to successfully perform all machine setups and teardowns to ensure customer needs are met. Applies logical thinking when troubleshooting and performing advanced machine adjustment, and in the repair/maintenance of machines and secondary equipment, to ensure proper functioning of same at all time. Supports and applies 5S and lean initiatives to all work areas and functions.
Desirable candidates should have strong electro-mechanical skills and abilities, preferably within a plastics manufacturing environment (Blow Molding and/or Injection Molding)
- Processing and Troubleshooting: Provide integral support to the production floor by monitoring and troubleshooting production processes
- Work with Engineering, Quality, and Production teams to identify, analyze, and correct and production related problems
- Responsible for mold set ups, changeovers, and process optimization
- Setup and operate a variety of material handling, molding, finishing, welding and assembly equipment. Examples: mold setup, auxiliary equipment setup and other related molding equipment.
- Continuous Improvement: Participate in interdepartmental projects critical for the continuous improvement of production related activities
- Mentorship and training junior set up and process technicians
- Continuous improvement of existing processes using DOE and other methods to increase efficiencies
- Works with the Engineering team to resolve technical tooling and process problems associated with both new and existing tooling
- Scientific approach to problem solving machine issues. Tracks statistical data and utilizes SPC to continuously monitor and improve the efficiency of the molding operations.
- Participates in 5S initiatives and cost reduction opportunities
- Assist in continuous improvement of Company work force by training Process Technicians and Mold Technicians on efficient machine operation and set up techniques
- Documentation: Creation and ownership of process related paperwork
- Creation of machine, work cell, and process data for stable and repeatable production
- Assists with corrective actions to resolve non-conformances as root causes are identified
- Ensure there are no quality or production interruptions or errors due to a lack of giving or seeking information
- Assure that all developed processes adhere to ISO 9001:2015 standards
- Perform all duties in compliance with Company policy, with Safety is the first consideration
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of HS Diploma or GED. Preferably has completed some college courses and/or 2 years relevant experience.
- Has strong command of the English language with the ability to communicate fluently both verbally and in writing.
- Has the ability to complete TPM training level 1, 2, 3 & 4
- Has completed Routsis on-line training achieving a passing grade of 85%.
- Enter data in the IQMS or equivalent system
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Has the ability to use measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, thermometers etc.,)
- Heavy Work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and / or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and / or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature change.
- The worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause a worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to oils: There is air and / or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.