The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the successful implementation of new processes and technologies as well as the
continuous improvement of manufacturing efforts on the production floor. This role develops, evaluates, and improves
manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of safety, molding, machinery, tooling & production equipment capabilities,
assembly methods, and quality assurance standards.
• New machinery installation, commissioning, and training
• Facilities and infrastructure planning and management
• Assist with New mold trials and process validation
• Process development and improvement
• Providing engineering support in manufacturing & assembly to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems
• Developing and implementing process control techniques and procedures onto the manufacturing floor
• Analyzing manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancements of quality, cost reduction, and throughput
• Estimating labor requirements, production times, and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions
• Working closely with Production to assist in the development, coordination, and implementation of technical training for
• Designing and developing manufacturing processes for enhancements, product changes, and new products, and related
fixtures and tooling that are consistent with continuous improvement efforts.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned.
• Proficient in 3D modeling software (SolidWorks)• Proficient in safe and efficient use of machine shop equipment
• Position requires 5-10 years of working knowledge of thermoplastic molding.
• Knowledge of plastic mold and part design
• Proficiency with MS Office software suites (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Excellent communication and record-keeping skills
• BS or degree in Mechanical Engineering or other technical discipline, or 10+ years of relevant work experience desired.
- Critical thinking
- Hunger for knowledge and new ideas
- Passion for continuous improvement and innovation