The CNC Machinist/Toolroom Technician is responsible for efficiently operating all tool room equipment to support the needs of the production department. This includes preventative maintenance and repair, tooling and fixture design and fabrication, and other similar activities as required.
- Under minimal supervision, set up and operate both manual and CNC machines with skilled precision
- Use precision tools and machinery such as CNC and manual lathes, vertical milling machine, drill press, band saw and a variety of cutting tools and other equipment
- Determine which cutting tools will be needed for a specific job
- Read and interpret blueprints and drawings
- Routine scheduled and emergency maintenance and repair of molds to support the production department.
- Perform routine daily preventative maintenance of tooling.
- Works from detailed design drawings, engineering drawings, sketches and verbal instructions
- Selects proper metals and other material and lays out work using precision measuring instruments (such as venires, dial indicators, micrometers, etc), shop mathematics and pertinent formula
- A.S. in Manufacturing or Machining Technology preferred, 3 or more years job-shop machining experience or successful completion of military machining M.O.S. considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with 3D CAD, Solidworks preferred
- Proficiency with CNC controls and MasterCam programming software
- Proficient with both manual and CNC machine shop equipment
- Create N/C programs for machining centers
- Mastery of high speed machining and tool path optimization for manufacturing and upfront DFM
- Ability to setup, program, and machine complex and high tolerance components
- Solid materials background with aluminum alloys, steel, stainless steel, and plastics
- Experience using MS Excel, MS OneNote, MS PowerPoint, etc.
- Capable of balancing the workload between multiple projects
- Detail oriented
- Highly motivated to learn and contribute
- Ability to communicate well with a diverse, cross-functional team and effectively execute their design intent
- Critical thinking
- Hunger for knowledge and new ideas
- Passion for continuous improvement and innovation