November 4, 2019
Injection Molding Process Engineer
The Injection Molding Process Engineer provides process engineering expertise and support on all new and existing blow molding programs. The Process Engineer is a key member of the molding team responsible for new product development, processing and troubleshooting, continuous improvement, and documentation.
- New Product Development: Support the product development process by assisting the program teams as necessary to ensure successful product launches
- Participate in design review meetings for initial evaluation of part and mold design during project kick off
- Responsible for the mold validation process, including set-up, troubleshooting, process monitoring, and validation
- Processing and Troubleshooting: Provide integral support to the production floor by monitoring and troubleshooting production processes
- Work with Engineering, Quality, and Production teams to identify, analyze, and correct and production related problems
- Responsible for mold set ups, changeovers, and process optimization
- Setup and operate a variety of material handling, molding, finishing, welding and assembly equipment. Examples: mold setup, auxiliary equipment setup and other related molding equipment.
- Continuous Improvement: Participate in interdepartmental projects critical for the continuous improvement of production related activities
- Mentorship and training junior set up and process technicians
- Continuous improvement of existing processes using DOE and other methods to increase efficiencies
- Works with the Engineering team to resolve technical tooling and process problems associated with both new and existing tooling
- Scientific approach to problem solving machine issues. Tracks statistical data and utilizes SPC to continuously monitor and improve the efficiency of the molding operations.
- Participates in 5S initiatives and cost reduction opportunities
- Assist in continuous improvement of Company work force by training Process Technicians and Mold Technicians on efficient machine operation and set up techniques
- Documentation: Creation and ownership of process related paperwork
- Creation of machine, work cell, and process data for stable and repeatable production
- Assists with corrective actions to resolve non-conformances as root causes are identified
- Ensure there are no quality or production interruptions or errors due to a lack of giving or seeking information.
- Assure that all developed processes adhere to ISO 9001:2015 standards
- Perform all duties in compliance with Company policy, with Safety is the first consideration
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
- RJG Certified Master Molder
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Polymer Engineering or related engineering field
- Minimum of 4 years of working knowledge of thermoplastic injection molding. Experience with Arburg injection molding machines is a plus
- Working knowledge of plastic technology with emphasis on molding, SPC, DOE and GD&T
- Detailed knowledge of plastic mold and part design
- Experience with SolidWorks or other comparable 3D modeling software
- Proficiency with MS Office software suites (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent communication and record-keeping skills
- Critical thinking
- Hunger for knowledge and new ideas
- Passion for continuous improvement and innovation
March 24, 2020
Essential Work in the Fight Against Coronavirus Available in Neptune City, NJ
November 30, 2018
Reliable Manufacturing for Plastic Spice Bottles
November 29, 2018
Flexcraft Invests in New Bekum H-121 Blow Molding Machine
Over 100 Years of Combined Experience
With over 100 years of combined custom blow molding experience, our dedicated staff will help lower your production costs and maximize product quality. To learn more about our capabilities please call 732-502-9500 to speak with one of our representatives today.
REQUEST A QUOTE