The Machine Operator position ensures all assigned machines/equipment produce product at or above department standards. Responsible to produce, assemble, inspect and pack all parts as per the work instructions for each assigned task or machine. Maintain all required paperwork and documentation to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and ISO 9001:2015 standards.
Job Duties and Requirements:
- Operate machines maintaining productivity, efficiency and product quality.
- Perform visual inspection and testing to ensure all products meet quality standards.
- Reporting of data collection and coordinate with process tech’s or maintenance for machine errors.
- Separate parts from runners by visually examining for: flow lines, long gates, shorts, splaying, flash, etc.
- As needed, trim and clip excess plastic from parts.
- Pick up bins of parts from shelves under molding machines.
- Provide breaks as required by lead or supervisor.
- Package parts in bags, totes or boxes as applicable per work instructions
- Palletize product per work instructions
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a fast paced manufacturing work environment. Injection or blow molding is a plus.
- Previous work experience showing good attendance levels and that used effective problem solving skills is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; knowledge of techniques, tools, machines, equipment, fixtures, and assembly procedures.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills, intermediate computer skills to generate reports.
- Demonstrate good judgment, decision-making abilities and potential for growth within the company.
- Basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply & divide).
- Experience with weigh scales.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
Qualified candidates must be reliable, able to follow work instructions and procedures, and have the ability to work overtime when needed.