The Material Handler is responsible for supplying a sufficient flow of material to the production floor while maintaining a high level of accuracy in the warehouse.
This position has openings for all three shifts:
A. M-F 6:30 am - 3:00 pm
B. M-F 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm
C. M-F 10:30 pm - 7:00 am
- Check daily schedule for job changes
- Checks BOM (Bill of Materials) for correct materials: resin, color, box, etc
- Sets up material and equipment for new jobs per the BOM requirements
- Verify correct materials are used as per work orders requirements and written job instructions.
- To blend the correct mixture of material, colorant or any other ingredient per established procedures
- Prepare, fill, and start material dryers according to Flexcraft accepted procedures.
- Clean and operate material grinders
- Inventories, labels, and stages materials returned to the warehouse.
- Conducts weekly cycle-counts and monthly physical inventory.
- Restocks materials in the stockroom.
- Maintains product inventory through use of hand held Scanners and PC’s.
- Operate a variety of material handling tools, dollies and forklifts, in a safe and contentious manner. Must have valid operating certification.
- Maintains raw material inventory level by accurately accounting for product via required paperwork and ERP system entries as required per written work instructions.
- Relieve machine operators for breaks and lunches.
- Daily housekeeping to GMP standards
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a fast paced manufacturing work environment. Injection or blow molding is a plus.
- Previous work experience showing good attendance levels and that used effective problem solving skills is highly desirable.
- Must have the ability to read and understand bill of materials, calculate color ratios
- Must be able to speak, write, and read effectively using the English language in order to understand work orders, safety notices, and other forms of written communication.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills, intermediate computer skills to generate reports.
- Must maintain current fork lift operator certification
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Must be able to safely operate a fork lift and pallet jacks
- ERP systems, inventory control, cycle counts, and RF scanners