The Shift Supervisor is responsible for coaching and overseeing production employees to maintain a safe work environment. Responsibilities include organizing, delegating, and coordinating all shift activities to assure quality, on-time and cost effective delivery of manufactured product.
- At start of shift, walk through and audit condition of shop floor to address any concerns from prior shift.
- Reviews production schedule for the day and coordinates machine assignments. Communicates with employees and ensures that all materials needed for the shift are available and labels are issued.
- Responsible for the resolution of shift staffing issues. Ensures that production schedule requirements are met.
- Verify all production lines are set up in accordance with production and engineering documentation.
- Conducts productivity checks
- Coordinates with Quality and Process Technicians to resolve any troubleshooting with machines or processes and maintain efficiency to standard.
- Reconciles any discrepancies to ensure accurate production disposition and Real-Time data.
- Completes various reports and checks for errors including productivity reports, reject reports and down time log.
- Effectively manages, trains and evaluates employees on their knowledge and understanding of equipment and procedures. Addresses any issues with corrective action to develop and lead necessary change.
- Oversees all processes with Material Handlers and Operators. Has the knowledge and ability to assist and/or fill in positions when necessary to assure a smooth work flow process.
- Evaluates processes to reduce waste of materials and supplies for fiscal responsibility.
- Utilizes IQMS system consistently and without supervision to assure accurate reporting and use of materials.
- Sustains 5S and applies lean principals to ensure efficient work processes.
- At end of shift, report, post and email daily productivity. Accurately communicate information, concerns or issues to ensure transition to next shift via walk through and proper communication.
- At end of production run, reconciles hard copy of work order to ensure accurate reporting and traceability.
- Experience with an ERP system.
- Be comfortable in a fast paced, deadline oriented business environment.
- A proven track record in leading manufacturing and assembly teams. Lead by example and believe in personal accountability.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Previous supervisory or leadership skills are required; preferable in a manufacturing environment,
- Able to motivate people to perform at a higher level.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and Internet research skills.
- Must be quality conscious and customer oriented.
- Build and maintain an energized, engaged workforce where employees feel excited to work
- Consistent and fair enforcement of company policy and procedures
- Willingness to help, teach, coach, and mentor employees to provide a clear path of expectations and requirements for career advancement
- Maintains exceptional housekeeping inside and outside of the facility
- Maintains a safe work environment and a safety first culture
- Weekly safety audits
- Weekly ToolBox talks
- Monthly Job-Specific safety trainings