Job Duties and Requirements
- Set up, start and process troubleshooting of molding machines in accordance with standard work.
- Ensure all secondary equipment is setup and running accurately.
- Diagnose production problems and make adjustments.
- Document changes to cycles and job log during set up/start up.
- Communicate and repair all malfunction of equipment or tooling to the proper support department.
- Complete TPM (Total Preventative Maintenance) on assigned presses.
- Complete all documentation pertaining to molding machine set up and tool cleaning/prepping.
- Ensure molds are cleaned/prepped and tagged/staged properly per standard work.
- Assist cell members as needed including Operator training, material handling, quality checks, and more.
- Use strong problem solving skills to trouble shoot molding machines and auxiliary equipment. Determines the root cause of machine alarms. Makes all necessary adjustments and tool or machine repair recommendations.
- Oversees all validations and tool approvals for their assigned shift.
- Evaluates resins to molding performance.
- Ensures production times are met.
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the setup and adjustments of tooling, machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
- Maintain a safe working environment. Maintain a good housekeeping policy.
- Communicate best practice to other team members and shifts.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or BA in Industrial, Plastics, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ Years experience as a Molding Process Technician in a Blow Molding or Injection Molding Facility considered in lieu of a college degree.
- Experience in automated molding operations and robots are a plus.
- Must provide own tools.
- Minimize equipment down-time.
- Leadership and training experience preferred. Be fully conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing cycle.
- Knowledge of processing characteristics of different types of materials (i.e. HDPE, PC, PET, PP, ABS).
- Experience in cGMP, ISO 9001:2015, lean manufacturing, 5S, process troubleshooting, and root cause identification are key components of this position.
- Familiarity with clean room operations, understanding of Scientific Molding. Ability to program, start & troubleshoot molding machines and robots.
- Should have good mechanical aptitude, be able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment and have general knowledge of hand tools.
- Capable of reading and understanding blue prints.
- Must be willing to work off shift and overtime.
- Heavy Work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and / or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and / or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature change.
- The worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause a worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to oils: There is air and / or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.