Characteristics of Custom Blow Molded Bottles: What Brands Need to Know
March 21, 2018
As experts in custom blow molded bottles, we know that a stock bottle may often not meet your needs. If you want your business to stand out with dynamic packaging, simply slapping a paper label on any plain old bottle just won’t cut it.
However, we also know that choosing the right specifications custom blow molded bottles can be overwhelming; especially if you don’t know where to start. If you are looking for a custom blow molded bottle for your business, here’s what brands like yours need to know:
Characteristics of Custom Blow Molded Bottles
Size and Shapes of Custom Blow Molded Bottles
With capabilities for varying sizes and shapes, we offer custom blow molded bottles in a wide variety of thicknesses, diameters, lengths and weights. But with the infinite number of shapes and sizes of bottles, it can be overwhelming. That’s why we will work with you to discover the best bottle design for your brand.
If you have a vision for your custom blow molded bottles, we can mold it!
Colors of Custom Blow Molded Bottles
Do you have a specific compliance requirement or need for a customized color? Offering a variety of plastics and colors, including transparent, translucent, and clear containers, we have what you’re looking for.
Plastic Commonly Used in Custom Blow Molded Bottles
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) is the most commonly used material for custom blow molded bottles. HDPE is cost effective, FDA approved for food contact, and has various favorable characteristics including impact resistance, strength, chemical compatibility, and ease of processing. HDPE bottles are used in a variety of applications, including cosmetics, consumer products, chemicals, and more. Additionally, HDPE can be processed with additives for color, UV resistance, and more.
- Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) is a more flexible resin, and is often used for softer products requiring a high level of flexibility. Common applications include squeeze bottles and bellows.
- Polypropylene (PP) is a versatile option for blow molded bottles and is often used for household and industrial applications. PP offers good chemical resistance, high thermal stability, high impact strength, and the ability to be autoclaved.
- PET bottles are becoming increasingly popular because they are BPA free and offer excellent clarity. Additionally, PET bottles can be colored and offer a beautiful glossy finish.
Common Applications for Custom Blow Molded Bottles
Custom blow molded bottles can be used in a wide variety of industries including medical, automotive, aerospace, military, sports and recreation, food and beverage, consumer products and industrial. Common application examples include:
- Food & Beverage Handling & Packaging
- Sports & Recreational Products
- Machinery or Appliances Containers
- Consumer Products
- Bottles for Medical Products
- Industrial Plastic Containers
- Chemical Storage Containers
Flexcraft Capabilities with Custom Blow Molded Bottles
When it comes to packaging your specific product, one size most definitely does not fit all. The possibilities for innovation in colors, sizes, shapes and materials are limitless for Custom Blow Molded Bottles. Want to have both a full-size and sample-size bottle for your product with matching designs? We can make that possible. As a full-service plastic manufacturing company, we have the state-of-the-art technology and experience necessary to exceed the most complex project goals.
With over 100 combined years of custom blow molding experience, our dedicated team at Flexcraft will help lower your production costs and maximize product quality. In addition to blow molding, Flexcraft offers multiple services to streamline the entire custom production process. Because of our meticulous program management services, our streamlined production times and consistency in delivering high-quality products allows us to quickly and competitively produce high-quality solutions.
To learn more about our custom blow molded bottle capabilities or request a quote, please call 732-502-9500 to speak with one of our representatives today.